elfglider
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Orthos - Hedge & Gummy Bear Streetlamp

3 posters

Go down

Orthos - Hedge & Gummy Bear Streetlamp Empty Orthos - Hedge & Gummy Bear Streetlamp

Post  jenn.johnson Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:55 am

Orthos - Hedge & Gummy Bear Streetlamp Concept_OrthoHedge_Jenn_sm

Just posted the large version on dropbox. Enjoy! Crit. completely welcome, as always.

jenn.johnson

Back to top Go down

Orthos - Hedge & Gummy Bear Streetlamp Empty Brushes on dropbox

Post  jenn.johnson Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:22 am

I thought you might want the brushes I used for the concept to use on the texture, so I put a set on the dropbox. I included all the candy brushes I've been using, too. If you find them useful, great. If not, oh well.

jenn.johnson

Back to top Go down

Orthos - Hedge & Gummy Bear Streetlamp Empty Re: Orthos - Hedge & Gummy Bear Streetlamp

Post  rillani Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:11 am

I like the shapes a lot, and the colors are great too.

Since the hedge is going to be what the player sees most often (aside from the ground and Siggy's back), it would be best if the texture holds up to scrutiny. Although the abstract texture looks perfectly vegital from far away, the player will be up close and bumping into the hedges almost constantly. Visible leaf shapes will help, possibly like this: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c4/Buxus_sempervirens_foliage_1.jpg

I also tried my hand at a leaf brush and put it on dropbox (and a jpeg of experimentation). By the way, I love your two-tone frosting brush. It's brilliant. We need a folder in dropbox for photoshop brushes.. ok, now we have one. :3

rillani
Admin

Back to top Go down

Orthos - Hedge & Gummy Bear Streetlamp Empty Re: Orthos - Hedge & Gummy Bear Streetlamp

Post  brandon.orden Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:22 am

Nice! I like the economic crookedness of the hedges, and the shape of the end cap looks good. I concur with Terry about the sharpness of detail for the hedge texture, it could use a few more recognizable edges and shapes that make it better to look at close up. Looking at Terry's experimentation of leaf brushes, I think I might try those brushes as a starting point when I start texturing this.

On an ending note, great presentation and labeling.

brandon.orden

Back to top Go down

Orthos - Hedge & Gummy Bear Streetlamp Empty Re: crit

Post  jenn.johnson Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:00 pm

Fair points all around. I'll admit that I wasn't really thinking about how the texture would read up super-close. I trust that, among the 3 of us, we can find a better solution.

jenn.johnson

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down