elfglider
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gate Model

Go down

Gate Model Empty Gate Model

Post  brandon.orden Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:28 am

Hey Guys,

I managed to crank out the gate model today. Here's a render of how it looks:

Gate Model Gatesc10

And here's a detail shot of the bunnies, where I've employed a normal map:

Gate Model Gatesc11

This one was a little trickier than I thought it would be. This asset requires two sets of texture sheets, one for most of the stone and iron, and the other for the things that are alpha'd, which is mainly all of the round stuff that's on the gate.

Here's the textures:

Gate Model Asset_14

Gate Model Asset_16

And for the details:

Gate Model Asset_17

Gate Model Asset_18

The alphas are for to save the geometry for all of the rounded bits. If it becomes too bothersome to us or the players, I can see about giving those things more geometry, but I'd think that the poly count would just about double with if I made everything 3D. The current triangle count for this model is at 3712 triangles, or 1886 polygons.

For now I'll throw an .fbx of the entire gate asset on the dropbox along with all of its textures. As always, feel free to leave feedback.

brandon.orden

Back to top Go down

Gate Model Empty Re: Gate Model

Post  brandon.orden Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:42 am

I'm realizing that the textures/materials might be a bit wonky since this asset needs two texture sets, so I'll export this as two sets, one for each corresponding material. I've divied up the gate between "Gate" and "Gate_Detail" for the .fbx's and the textures, and I'll let the Unity driver to assemble them as a prefab so they can properly assign the correct materials to each thing.

brandon.orden

Back to top Go down

Post  brandon.orden Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:38 pm

I did a test when importing all objects, (the alpha'd stuff, and the rest) as one object, and it seems to work. Unity is aware when a mesh has multiple materials, so just plug in the right textures to the right materials and it should work.

As requested I've resubmited gate and a gate door as separate .fbx's. For the gate door, you can scale the door negatively in Unity to mirror the rest of the door over.

brandon.orden

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down