elfglider
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Projects 400-450

Go down

Projects 400-450 Empty Projects 400-450

Post  LadyTorix Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:42 pm

Hey guys!

Since I have no idea where else to put this I'm putting it here.

We had a lecture about Prj 400-450 in class today. Those of us in the class discussed working on a game together. So we're putting it out there that anybody who's interesting in working on a game next year can also join. If however, you'd like to do a cinematic or see how you work with another team we'll understand Smile

Pamela also came into class and talked a bit about the cinematic side of things a bit. She mentioned that Art 399 is offered over the summer and is used primarily to create pre-vis stuff. (She said it could also be used for pre-vis stuff for a game team, yey!)

Art 399 is on Mondays from 12:30-3:40 during the summer

Registration does not open until Thursday (so tonight I guess?)

Me, Terry and Jenn discussed that not everyone necessarily needs to take Art 399, but the concept artist and anybody wanting to work on story probably should. It will count as an elective and is worth 3 credits.

I know I'll be taking it, and Jenn said she probably will as well. There will more than likely be weekly meetings so we're all on the same boat, whether we're all in the class or not.

Me and Terry are going to switch places I'll be project manager/lead, and Terry going to animate and be our technical artist (depending on how many (if any) programmers/designers we end up working with).

Working with Programmers:

So, I don't know how many people know this (I didn't!) But junior game teams are the teams that are primarily making games. Junior game teams are not allowed to use Unity. They must use an engine that they have put together themselves. By the team they get to be Seniors, many RTIS have internships or jobs already lined up. If they're in an internship they're obviously not going to make a game. Several work on solo projects and others simply continue with their junior games. (Yikes!)

Soooo.....obviously, I still need to talk to the BSGD and the BAGD students and see what they're doing for their classes and what their restrictions are, then maybe we can make an informed choice of who we'd like to work with.

Another option is to continue with BonBon next year and make it super awesome shiny.

Everybody think on it, we're going to mention it at the meeting on Thursday.
LadyTorix
LadyTorix

Back to top Go down

Projects 400-450 Empty Holy Gigabytes Batman!

Post  LadyTorix Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:26 am

Also an idea for next semester:

Moving the file sharing/game assets to this site:

http://www.4shared.com/

You get 15GB per account right off instead you know....2GB Razz
LadyTorix
LadyTorix

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum