elfglider
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UI : Title Menu

2 posters

Go down

UI : Title Menu Empty UI : Title Menu

Post  jenn.johnson Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:24 pm

Here's my progress so far on the title menu screen. I look the thumbnail we chose and plugged some orthographic concept art in to see how far that could get me. I still have a lot of finessing to do, but this gets you an idea of composition and method. Terry and I figured it would be better to reuse the orthographic concepts and risk a flat composition than to do a whole new scene with proper perspective. This way we can ship it sooner and I can jump onto the list of tiny polish things.

Some of the things I'm planning to do:
- lamp posts sticking up above the hedges
- fix the shape of the cotton candy trees
- place some of the twisted vertical lolly pops (from on the back deck of the house) around so they also stick up above the hedges.
- butterflies?
- the head, ears, and top of candy canes of a bunny gate, if that doesn't look totally confusing
- clouds?
- fake some lighting on the still super-flat house

Crit welcome & encouraged!

Thanks.UI : Title Menu TitleIllustration_Mar21_WIP

jenn.johnson

Back to top Go down

UI : Title Menu Empty Re: UI : Title Menu

Post  rillani Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:32 am

I'd say it's working well in orthographic cut-out form. It's charming, and the flatness is reminiscent of a storybook illustration.

Definitely get some form shadows in for the house. Clouds would be good, too.

I'm not sure about the placement of the menu words. They feel like they're crammed into too small a space. You wouldn't have to move them, just give them some more breathing room. However, I suspect I'll need the words to be separate image files anyway (so they can animate up/down when clicked).

I really like that the menu will be composed of your concept art. Players wouldn't get to see it otherwise.

rillani
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum