elfglider
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Animations

3 posters

Go down

Animations Empty Animations

Post  LadyTorix Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:10 am

Uploading a Maya file onto Dropbox with with Animations and I will upload Playblasts .mov files so everyone can view and loop the animations.

(They're in the Character/Animation/Playblasts folder)

Please critique.

I'd also like to know whether people would rather I continue to polish the animations, or start modeling props. (Assuming everything works in engine).

For me personally, I don't like the 'stomping' walk that I have in there right now and I'm not exactly sure how the jump is going to work in engine. But I'll do whatever we need most for the game right now Smile

For Terry, the animation loops are as follows in the maya file:

Run: 1-13
Idle: 20-59
Walk: 80-103
Jump: 110-127
LadyTorix
LadyTorix

Back to top Go down

Animations Empty Animation Crit April 3

Post  jenn.johnson Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:04 pm

Idle - Super-cute! Slightly jittery on the right arm.

Slow walk - really nice from the waist up. I like the amount of tilt on the hips. The legs come up a bit high, making him feel too angry and stompy.

Run - Head bob as cute as always.

Jump - Interrupts rhythm of run in an awkward way. Maybe if it was more of a two-legged bunny hop instead of a split-leg stride? I know you're still working on it.

Hope this helps!

jenn.johnson

Back to top Go down

Animations Empty Re: Animations

Post  jacqui Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:23 pm

I looked at the animations in game. Here's what I noticed

Walk Animation:
Weird stuff going on with the gloves during walk cycle
I like the stomping, buuut
I would lean him forward if you are going for an angrier walk. Currently he leans back, which is more of a... strange swagger walk
Maybe tilt his head down too?
In general, his upper body/head are very stiff

Run:
I like it a lot
I just wonder why his butt seems to lag behind? His line of action isn't too smooth, it's jagged because it goes out at the but, then back in at the legs... if that makes sense. I'll try to show you what I mean.

Jump
Needs a lot of work
I wish he would jump with both feet instead of one, sort of like a bunny hop
I think it might look cuter and more childish?

Idle:
I really like his idle Very Happy Good job~
Though just skinning on the gloves might use some work, and elbow is a little jittery

Overall good job! HIs idle and run are the best. I hope you take my suggestions to heart instead of ignoring critique.

jacqui

Back to top Go down

Animations Empty Jump Landing

Post  jenn.johnson Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:42 pm

Oh! And I just remembered. It would be nice if he crouched down more when he lands, maybe also before he jumps.

jenn.johnson

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyTorix Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:48 pm

My only worry is the jump, the reason I don't have him crouch down before the jump is that everything I've been told about game animation is that you don't want there to be anticipation to the actions, it makes the character feel like they're lagging behind your controls. Case and point the New York Girl file we've been using in Unity. (Shudder)

But yes, I will work on these.

Thanks for critique guys Smile
LadyTorix
LadyTorix

Back to top Go down

Animations Empty Fixed Animations

Post  LadyTorix Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:09 am

I'll be uploading videos for my animations onto dropbox shortly. (From the side and the back.) I'll upload the updated Maya file if you would like to take a look at that as well.

Feedback and critique is appreciated and will be implemented as time allows.

For Terry's reference, the cycles are as following:

Run 1-13
Idle 20-59
Walk 80-103
Jump 110-135

My thoughts:

Jump might still be too long?

I have no idea, it's the most difficult one to do because its not as easy to understand as a cycle as the other animations and I don't want it to lag otherwise that's frustrating for the player.

I'm hoping this is mostly done as Projects rather desperately needs my attention but please let me know what needs fixed and I'll work on it next Thursday.
LadyTorix
LadyTorix

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum