elfglider
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Meeting

5 posters

Go down

First Meeting Empty First Meeting

Post  rillani Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:45 pm

Hey all,

We should figure out when we can meet to discuss the basic things of our game. That's genre, emotional theme, game mechanics, etc. Post here about when you're available.

I've spoken with Chun, and she mentioned out of the blue that making a village with a few houses is within our scope. Unity has tools for sculpting the ground and generating vegetation within the engine, so we should use that to our advantage. We can have a wooded area if we want without having to model and texture generic trees or grass. Chun also said the engine can do running water; we could have a stream or waterfall if we want.

As far as making this a game, Chun has said that making triggered events is easy. I asked how hard it would be to make it so the character could step on a button to open a door, and she said it would be easy. I also asked if the character could push a box, and she said that would be fairly easy too; the engine handles collision.

We can make a platformer with some light puzzle elements if you all are interested in that.

rillani
Admin

Back to top Go down

First Meeting Empty Re: First Meeting

Post  brandon.orden Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:42 pm

Kudos on getting this forum set up. It'll make communication quite a bit easier. Thanks also for the info on the Unity engine. It seems that doing a generic outdoor forest environment can be a snap if we choose to do it. Collision and triggered events are nice things too, I thought those would be a hassle at first.

As for a meeting time, I'm fine with most times this weekend (Fri, Sat, Sun) with the exception of Friday from 12-6:30.

brandon.orden

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyTorix Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:33 am

My vote's for sometime after Thanksgiving. I'm going to be gone from the 23rd to the 29th and I'm going to be working my ass off to (hopefully) not fall behind

(Of course I'll come in any time you guys decide though! Very Happy)

Regardless, the best days for me are either Thursday or Saturday. (Or Wednesday nights from 5:00-8:00 which is during my library shift but there's hardly anybody in here past 6 or so.)

And I can come in on Sunday and Friday (just not from 9:00-12:00 on Friday).
LadyTorix
LadyTorix

Back to top Go down

Post  aoh Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:37 am

Hello friends.

This is basically what my class sched looks like, and I can meet at any point after these times:
Mon-after 5:30
Tues-2:00~
Wed-3:00~
Thurs-12:00~
'n then I can also meet really at any time in the weekend.

aoh

Back to top Go down

Post  jacqui Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:04 am

I'm free Friday-Sunday, except Fridays from 12 noon-2PM.

I think doing some simple puzzles will be cool.

jacqui

Back to top Go down

Post  rillani Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:59 pm

Okay, how about Saturday, Dec 3rd at 1pm? That's the weekend after Thanksgiving weekend.

We'll get this meeting out of the way and forget about it until next semester starts. I don't want to distract from school or vacation. Plus, we don't have specs yet, so it'd be a little silly to get too into any one idea at this point. We'll discuss again once we have the facts; this is just to have something to put on the backburner so we're not completely directionless when we go in.

rillani
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  brandon.orden Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:11 am

Sounds good to me.

In the meantime, when folks have some spare computer time, it might be a good idea to take a look at any games made with Unity to gather more game ideas. Just so we know what can be done in this engine.

brandon.orden

Back to top Go down

First Meeting Empty Where?

Post  LadyTorix Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:27 pm

Hey guys,

Where exactly are we going to meet?

Personally, I vote for the library, it's reasonably quiet on Saturday.
LadyTorix
LadyTorix

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down